Appointment of Senior Economist at the ANRPC Secretariat
The Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC) has a vacancy arising in July 2012 for the position of Senior Economist at its Secretariat in Kuala Lumpur. The appointment will be for a period of five years, including probation for one year.
Qualifications and Requirements
Citizens of ANRPC’s Member Countries (Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam) who meet the following qualifications and requirements are eligible to be considered:
1. At least a good bachelor’s degree with honours in economics/agricultural economics and having a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an organization(s) dealing with natural rubber in the areas of production, processing and marketing.
2. Strong analytical and communication skills and proficiency in English.
3. Not more than 53 years of age as on 15 July 2012.
Preference will be given to candidates having an advanced degree in economics or agricultural economics and a longer period of the experience. Statistics taken as a subject will be an advantage.
1. Undertaking studies of the world rubber position and examine the long and short term problems facing the NR-industry, including the rubber market situation, price analysis and demand supply position;
2. Coordinating and monitoring implementation of projects;
3. Reviewing economic and statistical matters;
4. Preparing draft policy papers;
5. Supervising R&D activities of the Secretariat;
6. Supervising preparation of the budget and all financial matters;
7. Preparing for and servicing ANRPC’s and related meetings;
8. Assisting Secretary-General in running the Secretariat;
9. Assuming the functions of Secretary-General in his/her absence;
10. Discharging any other duties assigned by ANRPC’s Executive Committee and Secretary-General from time to time.
Remuneration and Allowance
The starting basic salary will be Malaysian Ringgit (RM) 6241.00 in the following scale:
Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Salary (RM) 6,241 6,472 6,704 6,934 7,165 7,396 7,627 7,857
Point of entry on the above salary scale will be decided based on the qualifications and experience. Other monthly benefits include an allowance of RM 1,180 for housing, RM500 as cost of living allowance, RM 800 as fixed entertainment allowance, RM 200 as allowance for telephone bills and RM 200 as allowance for other utilities. Gross salary at the minimum of the scale comes to RM 9,121 (Approximately 3,000 US dollar at the current exchange rate).
In addition, other benefits are provided in the form of contributory Provident Fund at the rate of 15%, free medical entitlement covering family, insurance, full tax exemption, children’s education grant at the annual rate of RM 10,000 per child, home leave entitlement, subsidy for mobile phone device, annual leave of 30 days and retirement bonus.
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications and requirements may send their curriculum vitae, preferably by e-mail, latest by 30 April 2012 at the following address:
Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC)
Level 7, Bangunan Getah Asli (Menara)
148 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fax: + 60 3 2161 3014 ; Phone: + 60 3 2161 1900
Short-listed candidates will be called for a personal interview to be held in Kuala Lumpur in the last week of May 2012. As part of the interview, candidates should give a presentation for about 10 minutes covering their experience and knowledge in rubber industry. The selected candidate is expected to assume duty on 16 July 2012.